- Brunswick County Animal Services is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for animal bite investigations and for reporting suspected rabid animals.
You can reach an animal control officer Monday – Thursday 8am – 6pm, Friday 8am-5pm and Saturday 8am-2pm by calling the shelter at 754-8204.
After office hours or on holidays, call 911 and they will dispatch an on-call officer.
Oak Island Animal Control
Southport Animal Control
For After-Hours Emergency Service
Please Contact One of These Veterinary Emergency Hospitals;
(Click on Name for Map to Clinic)
- 5333 Oleander Drive
Wilmington, NC 28403
- 303 Highway 15
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
- Adopt-an-Angel – 910.392.0557
- Boston Terrier Rescue of North Carolina
- Brunswick County Animal Shelter – 910.754.8204
- Cat Tails – 910.253.1375
- Fix A Friend Spay Neuter Clinic – 910.253.8161
- Greyhound Friends – 866.470.0233
- New Hanover County Humane Society – 910.763.6692
- Paws-Ability – Paws-Ability is a non profit organization that raises money to aid existing animal shelters, animal rescue groups and pet needs within Brunswick County.
- Paw’s Place – 910.845.7297
- Pawprints Magazine – an up-to-date pictorial directory of shelters, humane societies and rescue organizations in the Cape Fear area.
- Pender County Humane Society– 910.259.7022
- R.A.C.E., Inc. (Rescue Animals Community Effort) – 910.547.2839
- SOAR (Southport Oak Island Animal Rescue) – 910.457.6340
- Petfinder – a nationwide directory of homeless pets that allows searches by breed and location. Also a great site to research different breeds before adopting a pet.
- Sea Biscuit Wildlife Shelter – Bird rescue and rehabilitation on Oak Island 910.278.7871 cell 910.294.2555
- Tackapausha Wildlife Shelter – a NCWC licensed small animal rescue and rehabilitation facility located on Oak Island. Contact Margeaux Ringwald Deatsch 910-465-3272 or Garry S. Deatsch, Jr. 910-389-3936
- NC Wildlife Commission – 800.662.7137 or 919.733.7191
- NC Wildlife Rehabilitation – 910.754.8899
Cats and Kittens
- www.rescueguide.com/orphkits.html – information on raising orphaned kittens and determining the age of young kittens.
- Oak Island Feral Cat Program, Inc. – a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the feral cat population on Oak Island through a trap, spay/neuter, and release program. Contact Christa Viney 910.278.7431 or Leda Sloat 910.278.5481
- Alley Cat Allies – comprehensive information about feral cats.